Thanks for reaching out. You can contact me at 404-266-9876.
PYA assists healthcare organizations in establishing Patient Safety Organizations (PSOs) and implementing Patient Safety Evaluation Systems (PSESs) in compliance with the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act of 2005 (Patient Safety Act). This law affords strong privilege and confidentiality protections for providers that establish PSESs to share information with a PSO for purposes of quality improvement and patient safety activities.
Through our alignment with the Alliance for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (AQIPS) and significant, practical experience, PYA offers a broad range of PSO-related services:
- PSO development and assistance with the federal listing process, including project planning; assessment tools; contractual arrangements; analytical reporting; and development of PSO board, governance, and policies and procedures.
- Assistance with the design and implementation of a PSES to safeguard privilege and confidentiality protections, incorporate current quality initiatives, and include additional programs to improve quality of care.
- Analysis to enhance sharing of information among participating providers, including quality data and trending, performance improvement activities, and quality initiative opportunities.
- Education for management and participants to allow the design of quality programs within the PSO to develop self-sufficient program operation.
- AQIPS PSO High-Performing and PSES High-Quality Certification Assessments.
Beginning this year hospitals with 50+ beds must have a PSES (or comparable arrangement) in place to qualify as a provider for health plans participating in a health insurance exchange. You can learn more about PSOs and PSESs from AQIPS, the national leading professional association for PSOs.