Many accounting firms provide audit services; however, few understand the healthcare industry well enough to focus on the areas of greatest risk to your organization. PYA has a comprehensive understanding of the dynamic operating environment of healthcare, which is the essential element in providing quality financial auditing and accounting services to healthcare enterprises.
- Audits, reviews, and compilations of financial statements
- Employee benefit plan audits, including defined benefit plans, defined contribution plans, and 403(b) plans
- Audits in accordance with Government Auditing Standards and Uniform Guidance Audits
- Internal control reviews and risk assessments
- Impairment testing of intangible assets
- Agreed-upon procedure reports and special reporting
- Transaction accounting assistance, including allocation of purchase price
- New accounting standard implementation
- Forensic accounting and dispute resolution
- Outsourcing of internal audit functions
- Accounting policy and procedure manual development
- Due diligence in connection with affiliations
PYA has served the healthcare industry for more than three decades. More than 85% of our practice is composed of healthcare engagements. We are auditors to healthcare entities that include healthcare systems, hospitals, physician practices, and long-term care facilities in numerous states.
PYA offers extensive industry experience. Our professional audit staff average more than ten years of healthcare accounting experience. PYA’s professionals hold credentials that include medical doctor, registered nurse, master in healthcare administration, registered records administrator, certified coding specialist, master in public health, certified managed care professional and fellow, and Healthcare Financial Management Association membership.
PYA is committed to superior client service. Our structure and commitment to client service allows our senior executives more meaningful time engaging clients to address their needs.
PYA provides financial services unmatched in the healthcare industry. Our expertise in areas such as reimbursement, coding, and tax allows us to effectively address audit issues and assist our clients in areas beyond financial reporting. In addition, we have served as auditors on more than $2 billion in outstanding financing transactions. We are nationally recognized healthcare auditors by underwriters, rating agencies, and investors.
PYA provides service with integrity. PYA audit professionals understand that a commitment to doing things the right way is the only acceptable way to serve clients.