Thanks for reaching out. You can contact me at 404-266-9876.
PYA’s dedicated approach helps strategically assist with the establishment and initial operations of physician practices.
PHASE I: INITIAL PHYSICIAN CONTACT
The focus during this time is to gather initial information about the physician and the type of medical practice that he/she wants to establish in order to accomplish his/her goals. A personal meeting or telephone conference will be conducted with the physician to clearly identify the practice establishment considerations. During this time, project timelines and task responsibilities will be determined. The results of these efforts will be a clear outline of the work to be performed over the next few months.
PHASE II: OPERATIONS
Phase II involves gathering the information to set-up practice operations. Following are the major components involved in a standard practice set-up:
- Ensure that the physician has completed the process for obtaining all licenses required to practice medicine (i.e., state medical license, state-controlled substance number (if applicable), business license, DEA license)
- Provide guidance in obtaining insurance (i.e., malpractice insurance, business insurance)
- Ensure federal tax ID number is obtained
- Define division of responsibility
- Develop appropriate checks and balances
- Determine number and types of employees needed
- Develop personnel policies, procedure manuals, and job descriptions
- Recommend personnel compensation and benefits
- Develop Exposure Control Plan for OSHA compliance and training
- Recruit employees (includes application process, telephone interviews, and reference and OIG/GSA checks). Physician will conduct personal interviews and make final selection
- Provide HIPAA Privacy/Security/High-tech guidance manuals and training
- Apply for insurance provider numbers
- Facilitate selection of practice management and billing system
- Facilitate selection of CPA firm to provide accounting support, develop chart of accounts, and structure record keeping
- Identify financial and operational reports required for informed management
- Complete application for CLIA number and any required proficiency testing, if necessary
- Facilitate Meaningful Use and Physician Quality Reporting System participation
- Recommend appointment scheduling policies and procedures to ensure patient-centered goals
Billing and Collections:
- Identify best practice billing policies and procedures
- Develop collection system and follow-up procedures
- Facilitate compliance with government regulations
- Develop policies and procedures
- Facilitate selection of electronic medical record system
Front Desk Management:
- Develop telephone policies and procedures
- Assist in planning patient flow
- Develop check-in and check-out procedures
PHASE III: PHYSICIAN AND STAFF ORIENTATION/TRAINING
The focus in this phase is to provide an orientation for the physician and staff in the new office. This will include training and review of office systems and general procedures such as answering the telephone, collecting from patients, appointment scheduling, etc. We will also provide training on regulatory issues that include OSHA, HIPAA Privacy/Security, etc.
In collaboration with the qualified consultants at PYA, physicians will be able to accomplish the tasks and make the decisions needed to commence the successful operation of their medical practice.
We are also available to assist on an ongoing basis through our Outsourced Practice Management Assistance services following the opening of the practice. This service allows us to act as an advisor and manager during the initial year(s) of practice when an experienced team member is most needed. We design this service to meet the individual needs of each practice.