Hospital consolidations are increasing at an accelerated pace as community hospitals struggle with financial stability while trying to meet the “Triple Aim” of better-quality care, enhanced efficiency, and improved health outcomes. And the considerations for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) are many.
PYA Principal Michael Ramey co-presented with Jay Hardcastle, a partner with Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, and addressed the ins and outs of the community hospital sale process at the Tennessee Bar Association’s 30th Annual Health Law Forum.
“Transactional—Rural Hospital Sale and Impact” addressed:
- Legal, valuation, and practical issues in the request-for-proposal process.
- Preparation for due diligence—identifying and remedying items that will affect the deal and value in advance of buy-side diligence.
- Considerations and provisions in structuring the arrangement to protect the charitable mission and community assets of the hospital.
- Means to ensure appropriate consideration is received for the value of a community hospital.
- State regulatory and antitrust issues associated with sales of community hospitals.
View presentation here:
The Forum took place Oct. 11-12, 2018, in Franklin, Tennessee.
If you would like more information about how PYA assists hospitals with M&A transactions, or would like assistance in any matter involving compliance, valuation, or strategy and integration, contact one of our PYA executives below at (800) 270-9629.