Late on March 30, CMS released an interim rule which, among other things, significantly expands Medicare telehealth coverage, even beyond the initial Section 1135 waivers. PYA’s complimentary one-hour webinar explained these changes and how they make telehealth an even more attractive option in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
PYA Principals Martie Ross and Valerie Rock addressed the latest developments, including:
- New reimbursement for telephone-only services.
- Broader coverage for remote patient monitoring.
- New payments for rural health clinics and federally qualified health centers.
- Use of telehealth to meet supervision requirements.
- New rules regarding coding and billing as well as the changed payment rates for telehealth services.
The webinar took place Friday April 3, 2020, at 11 a.m. EDT.
If you would like more information about telehealth coding, billing, and reimbursement, or for any information related to developing COVID-19 guidance, visit our COVID-19 hub, or contact one of our PYA executives below at (800) 270-9629.
Disclaimer: To the best of our knowledge, this information was correct at the time of publication. Given the fluid situation, and with rapidly changing new guidance issued daily, be aware that some or all of this information may no longer apply. Please visit our COVID-19 hub frequently for the latest updates, as we are working diligently to put forth the most relevant helpful guidance as it becomes available.