Building a Chassis for Growth Through Affiliations
PYA Consulting Senior Manager Michael Ramey co-presented “Building a Chassis for Growth Through Affiliations” with Jason Cole, CPA, Esq., General Counsel at Catholic Medical Center for the American Health Lawyers Association: Health Care Transactions Program.
- Provided examples of affiliation structures which preserve a level of autonomy while efficiently delivering higher quality healthcare services to patient populations.
- Examined how affiliation models with tertiary acute care providers can benefit rural and/or smaller healthcare providers.
- Provided an overview of legal structures equipped for growth (e.g., “hub and spoke” or “string of pearl” affiliations), allowing for the efficient creation of health systems.
- Elaborated on key provisions within an affiliation agreement to position for growth and scalability.
- Discussed the regulatory approval process and governmental oversight, both for the initial and follow-on transactions.
- Identified benefits and efficiencies to be gained through effective integration of affiliating providers.
View the presentation below.
If you would like more information about hospital and other healthcare entity affiliations, or would like to request a speaker on this topic for your organization or event, contact one of our executives below at PYA, (800) 270-9629.