In less than a month, the new Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) rule on price transparency will go into effect. Long discussed, much anticipated, and hotly debated, the rule is finally here. Healthcare providers need to be ready.
You may have already circled January 1 on your calendar months ago (and, let’s be honest, not just because of the rule). But are you ready with a plan AND the communications needed to prepare and operationalize it? The risk for any provider is that a poorly executed and communicated plan—even if it checks all the regulatory boxes—can negatively affect reputation and business. In an already challenging moment for healthcare, missteps must be avoided at all costs.
In this session, PYA and Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock, Inc. went beyond the nuts and bolts of the hospital price transparency rule. After a brief refresher, we explored how providers can blend thoughtful operational decisions and strategic communications to exceed simply checking boxes and use the rule to advance their organizations. Healthcare leaders learned about key issues that could be overlooked in the race toward January.
PYA Senior Consulting Manager Kathy Reep and Principal J. Merle Glasgow co-presented along with James Cervantes, Assistant Vice President, National & Academic Health Systems Practice at Jarrard, Inc.
The conversation covered:
- Leveraging compliance to get ahead in your market.
- Mitigating the risk of non-compliance.
- Understanding the effect of your approach on consumers and provider reputation.
- Balancing the outcomes for future pricing and contract negotiations.
- Laying the operational and communications groundwork over the next 30 days.
- Preparing for a successful rollout through strategic communications to staff, the public, and regulators.
The complimentary one-hour webinar took place on December 15, 2020.
If you would like assistance with the new price transparency rule—preparing for it and/or implementing it—contact a PYA executive below at (800) 270-9629.