Jonathan Skaggs, senior manager with PYA, and Chris Kenny, a partner with King & Spalding, will present “From Here to Eternity: The Medicare S-10 and Uncompensated Care Audits,” at the Healthcare Financial Management Association’s (HFMA) upcoming Annual National Institute (ANI). Their session takes an in-depth look at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) 2552-10 Medicare cost report worksheet S-10. They will explain how hospital payments for uncompensated care will be affected by recent changes to the regulations, and they will examine best practices used to complete S-10.
They will also:
- Explain how to draft and follow charity care and financial assistance policies.
- Identify areas for improvement in charity care and financial assistance policies.
- Provide insight regarding the Proposed Rule’s Charity Care Log.
- Describe how to navigate contractor audits.
- Discuss the necessary documentation to support a charity claim during an audit.
- Describe the CMS Disproportionate Share Hospital payment.
The HFMA ANI will be held in Las Vegas, NV, June 24-27, 2018. Register for the conference here.
For additional information about worksheet S-10, uncompensated care audits, charity care policies, or to request a speaker on these topics for your organization or event, contact an executive below at PYA, (800) 270-9629.