The CARES Act Provider Relief Fund has provided a necessary lifeline for many healthcare providers in the wake of elective procedure cessation and higher costs of care. While the funds are similar to grants, which don’t require repayment, there are strings attached. Attestation and reporting regarding the use of funds is required, and false attestation can lead to penalties and prosecution. Is your organization prepared in the event of an attestation audit?
PYA Principals Lori Foley and Michael Ramey joined Jeremy Sternberg and Michael Manthei of Holland & Knight to provide a complimentary one-hour webinar that offered key considerations and perspective to assist healthcare providers in navigating the inquiries on the horizon:
- A review of sources of CARES Act Provider Relief Funds distributions, and the attestation requirements of each
- Areas of fund usage by providers
- Challenges in attestation/management for rural hospitals
- Proof of intent—demonstrated steps taken to support attestation made in good faith
- Implications of non-compliance and false claims
The webinar took place Friday, August 7, 2020, at 10 am EDT.
If you would like additional guidance related to COVID-19, visit our COVID-19 hub, or contact one of our PYA executives below at (800) 270-9629.