The 2020 American Health Law Association Fundamentals of Health Law Program took place virtually with live sessions daily. Focused on Medicare and Medicaid, healthcare transactions, compliance, Stark and Anti-Kickback, False Claims Act, telehealth, and physician practices, the event also featured four on-demand sessions and face-to-face coffee and conversations.
PYA Principal Annapoorani Bhat joined Jeanne P. Gunville, a shareholder at Polsinelli, for a session titled, “All in the Fine Print—Contracting and Valuation Considerations for Physician Arrangements.” They brought awareness to key regulatory, contractual, and valuation considerations when evaluating arrangements involving physicians. The presentation covered:
- Various types of physician agreements.
- The economics of the arrangements.
- Key legal issues, including Stark Law, federal Anti-Kickback Statute, and corporate practice of medicine considerations.
- Key contractual provisions.
- Determinants of physician compensation and relevance of fair market value.
- Case study – Professional Services Agreement (PSA) between physician group and hospital.
- Ways to add value as legal counsel.
The program took place November 11-13, 2020. View the slides here.
If you would like information about valuation considerations for physician arrangements, or need assistance with any matter involving valuation, compliance, or strategy and integration, contact a PYA executive below at (800) 270-9629.