PYA, a leading healthcare consulting and certified public accounting firm, is pleased to announce the promotion of Annapoorani Bhat to Principal, as well as several other promotions within the firm.
PYA has announced that Annapoorani Bhat has been promoted to the role of Strategy and Integration Consulting Principal, effective July 1, 2020. In addition, 10 other teammates have been promoted throughout the firm.
Bhat specializes in valuation and related consulting services for companies in the health sciences sector—providers, payers, pharmaceutical companies, and healthcare technology companies, among them. Her primary area of expertise is in the valuation of businesses and assets for financial reporting, regulatory compliance, and internal strategic planning purposes. She provides valuation consulting services to facilitate mergers, acquisitions, affiliations, and the financial reporting of acquired intangible assets.
In addition, Bhat supports fair market value compensation analyses for services in the context of arrangements that include physician employment agreements and professional services agreements, and management and administrative services agreements. She also assists provider organizations—academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, in particular—with their affiliation and joint venture brand valuation needs.
“We are proud of Anna’s achievements, which are a testament to years of hard work and dedication,” said PYA President Marty Brown. “Our clients have come to know what we know—that her knowledge, skill, and experience enable us to better serve them with their transactions needs.”
A member of the American Society of Appraisers (ASA), Bhat is an ASA-Accredited Senior Appraiser in the Business Valuation discipline. She is also a member of the American Health Law Association (AHLA). She frequently speaks at national conferences on valuation-related topics specific to healthcare.
Bhat received a Bachelor of Social Sciences from the National University of Singapore, a Master of Business Administration degree from Boston College, and a Master of Social Science degree in Applied Economics from the National University of Singapore.
PYA is additionally proud to announce the promotion of the following professionals, effective July 1:
- Dave Ebel, Consulting/Strategy & Integration Senior Manager;
- Rob Summerford, Audit & Assurance Services Senior Manager;
- Susan Thomas, Consulting/Compliance Advisory Services Senior Manager;
- Sherry Coomes, Consulting/Compliance Advisory Services Manager;
- Mimi Grachek, Audit & Assurance Services Manager;
- Carine Leslie, Consulting/Compliance Advisory Services Manager;
- Luke Hilt, Consulting/Compensation Valuation Physician Services Senior;
- John Keny, Consulting/Strategy & Integration Senior;
- Aaron Newcomer, Consulting/Compensation Valuation Physician Services Senior;
- Gavin Stamm, Consulting/Strategy & Integration Senior; and
- Erin Walker, Consulting/Compliance Advisory Services Staff.