Since it took effect on January 1, 2022, the No Surprises Act (NSA) has created numerous headaches for providers, none of which seem to be going away. In this one-hour webinar, PYA’s Martie Ross and Kathy Reep discussed the real-world impact of the NSA, including:
- Complying with notification requirements
- Determining patient responsibility for out-of-network (OON) services
- Negotiating with payers over payment for OON services
- Navigating the independent dispute resolution process
- Dealing with the NSA’s impact on payer negotiations
- Generating good faith estimates for self-pay patients
- Responding to federal enforcement activity
Martie and Kathy also addressed the latest NSA litigation and recently-published reports on the NSA’s impact on the healthcare industry.
This complimentary one-hour webinar took place on May 10, 2023.
This webinar marks the second anniversary of PYA’s twice-monthly “Healthcare Regulatory Roundup” series in which experts from across the firm provide practical insights on the latest regulatory developments.
If you would like additional guidance related to the No Surprises Act or any matter related to compliance, valuation, or strategy and transactions, one of our executive contacts would be happy to assist. You may email them below, or call (800) 270-9629. For additional information on the No Surprises Act, visit our Healthcare Transparency page.