An event coordinated by the Kansas Hospital Association (KHA) aims to advance the knowledge of corporate compliance officers on the front lines of hospital corporate compliance programs, as well as hospital attorneys, senior-level administrators, risk and quality managers, and clinical management.
PYA thought leaders Susan Thomas and Kristen Lilly-Davidson, consulting managers, will present several sessions at the February 13, 2020, KHA Corporate Compliance Workshop held in Lindsborg, KS.
In “Healthcare Compliance Essentials,” they will provide:
- Background on healthcare compliance programs.
- An overview of the seven elements of an effective compliance program.
- Discussion surrounding the changing compliance risk landscape.
- Office of Inspector General and Department of Justice expectations for healthcare compliance, including board and management oversight.
- Information regarding recent enforcement activities.
In the presentation “Patient Right to Access: How to Communicate Securely in the Technology Age,” they will:
- Define patient right to access.
- Review the methods for electronic patient communication.
- Consider associated security and privacy issues for each type of electronic communication.
- Review key regulatory requirements.
- Discuss best practices for secure patient communications.
- Work through some real life examples of patient right-to-access issues.
Learn more and register here.
If you would like more information about compliance program essentials or regulatory compliance, or would like assistance with any matter involving compliance, strategy and integration, or valuation, contact one of our PYA executives below at (800) 270-9629.