The 2019 American Health Lawyers Association’s (AHLA) Health Care Transactions program took place May 1-3, 2019, in Nashville, TN.
PYA thought leaders joined other distinguished speakers and industry leaders to provide insights into the business and legal issues involved in contemporary healthcare business transactions, including emerging care models, mergers-and-acquisitions trends, financing techniques, deal risk-management strategies, post-integration lessons, and more.
PYA Principal Michael Ramey co-presented with R. Michael Barry, a partner in the Corporate and Healthcare Practices of Arnall Golden Gregory, at the Business Law and Governance Practice Group Luncheon. Their presentation, “Consumerism’s Impact on Health System Acquisition Strategy,” covered:
- “Consumerism” and ways in which health systems are adapting to meet consumer demand.
- Escalating requirements for price transparency.
- Types of market transactions that enable a consumer-driven strategy.
- Competition to health systems pursuing consumer-driven strategies.
- Legal challenges in advising health systems on consumer-driven investments.
View the presentation below.
PYA served as the sole platinum-level sponsor in addition to sponsoring various networking events, including the Networking and Diversity+Inclusion Reception.
If you would like assistance with any matter involving healthcare transactions, compliance, valuation, or strategy and integration, contact one of our PYA executives below at (800) 270-9629.