PYA was proud to support AHLA in its educational efforts as the program sponsor of the 2020 Academic Medical Centers (AMCs) and Teaching Hospitals Institute in January of 2020 in Arlington, VA. PYA joined in-house and outside counsel for the nation’s leading teaching hospitals in an exchange of best practices and discourse on pressing issues affecting AMCs.
PYA Consulting Senior Manager Annapoorani Bhat and Attorney Jeanna Palmer Gunville, a shareholder at Polsinelli, co-presented “Brand for Your Buck–Why Brand Value Matters in Healthcare Transactions.” Their presentation provided a springboard to understanding the value of brand within varied arrangements in the healthcare space, and used case studies to help illustrate how AMCs can monetize this asset without diluting or negatively impacting their well-polished brand image. In this presentation they:
- Discussed prominent and cutting-edge forms of affiliations that leverage brand, spanning the current healthcare industry landscape.
- Analyzed common deal points, legal issues, and business/valuation considerations across different types of healthcare transactions.
- Discussed methods to protect brand name from dilution, including the execution of supporting arrangements such as professional services agreements and administrative services agreements.
- Provided an overview of valuation methodologies and challenges.
- Reviewed specific case studies.
View this presentation below.
If you would like more information about healthcare brand use in AMC settings, or would like assistance with any matter involving valuation, strategy and integration, or compliance, contact one of our PYA executives below at (800) 270-9629.