On August 2, 2021, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released the Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) Final Rule for Fiscal Year 2022. The rule will be implemented on October 1 and may include a 2.5% payment increase for most PPS hospitals. PYA Principal Mike Nichols and Manager Casey Wilburn highlighted key provisions from the IPPS Final Rule in a 45-minute webinar Wednesday, August 25, 2021. They explored three key factors impacting this increase, helping hospitals understand where they may land on the 2.5% spectrum. Webinar topics included:
- A comparison of standardized amounts for the eight potential payment categories.
- The impact of wage index changes on overall payments.
- The ways hospitals receiving temporary wage index relief used the money.
- Changes in the uncompensated care cost (UCC) pool distribution.
- The biggest winners and losers in the UCC distribution.
This webinar is part of PYA’s twice-monthly “Healthcare Regulatory Roundup” series in which experts from across the firm provide practical insights on the latest regulatory developments.
If you would like guidance related to the IPPS final rule, or for assistance with any matter regarding regulatory compliance, contact a PYA executive below at (800) 270-9629.