On July 13, 2021, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) published the 2022 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule. The 1,747-page document covers topics such as telehealth services and changes to other healthcare services. The PYA thought leadership team has compiled a Top 10 list highlighting what’s covered in the new proposed rule. We hosted a webinar on July 28, 2021 to share guidance on key provisions including:
- Conversion factor reduction (and resulting payment cuts)
- Expanded list of telehealth services
- New coverage for tele-behavioral health services
- Evaluation & management visits changes
- Payment for physician assistant services
- Continued implementation of appropriate use criteria
- Changes to the Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program
- New coverage for remote therapeutic monitoring (RTM) services
- Increased reimbursement for care management services
- Launch of Merit-Based Incentive Payment System Value Pathways and other Quality Payment Program updates
This webinar was part of PYA’s twice-monthly “Healthcare Regulatory Roundup” series in which experts from across the firm provide practical insights on the latest regulatory developments.
If you would like guidance related to the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, or for assistance with any matter regarding regulatory compliance, contact a PYA executive below at (800) 270-9629.