On July 19, 2021, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released the 2022 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) and Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Payment System Proposed Rule. From payment rate updates to reversals of changes made in the 2021 rule, the PYA thought leadership team has compiled a Top 10 list with highlights from the new proposed rule. PYA Principal Martie Ross and Senior Manager Kathy Reep shared guidance for each of the following during a 45-minute webinar on August 11, 2021:
- OPPS and ASC payment rate updates
- Reversal of 2021 changes to the Inpatient Only list
- Reversal of 2021 changes to the ASC Covered Procedures list
- Increase in penalties for non-compliance with price transparency rules
- Clarification of rules regarding online price estimator tools
- 340B program payment rates
- Radiation Oncology Model timing and design
- Payment for non-opioid pain management drugs and biologicals
- Comment solicitation—post-pandemic continuation of public health emergency flexibilities
- Request for information—Rural Emergency Hospital Program
This webinar was part of PYA’s twice-monthly “Healthcare Regulatory Roundup” series in which experts from across the firm provide practical insights on the latest regulatory developments.
If you would like guidance related to the OPPS and ASC proposed rule, or for assistance with any matter regarding regulatory compliance, contact a PYA executive below at (800) 270-9629.