On November 2, 2021, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released the 2022 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) and Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Payment System Final Rule. From payment rate updates to reversals of changes made in 2021, PYA has compiled a Top 10 list with highlights from the new rule.
PYA Principal Martie Ross and Senior Manager Kathy Reep shared guidance for each of the following during a 45-minute webinar:
- OPPS and ASC payment rate updates
- Reversal of 2021 changes to the Inpatient Only list
- Reversal of 2021 changes to the ASC Covered Procedures list
- Changes to Two-Midnight Rule Medical Review Activities Exemptions
- Increase in penalties for non-compliance with price transparency rules
- Clarification of rules regarding online price estimator tools
- 340B program payment rates
- Radiation Oncology Model timing and design
- Modifications to Hospital Outpatient and ASC Quality Reporting Programs
- Payment for non-opioid pain management drugs and biologicals
The webinar took place on December 8, 2021.
This webinar was part of PYA’s twice-monthly “Healthcare Regulatory Roundup” series in which experts from across the firm provide practical insights on the latest regulatory developments.
If you would like additional guidance related to the 2022 OPPS and ASC Final Rule, or for assistance with any matter related to compliance, valuation, or strategy and integration, contact a PYA executive below at (800) 270-9629.