On November 2, 2021, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) published the 2022 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule. The 2,414-page document details the Medicare payment policy for a wide range of services for the upcoming year.
PYA Principals Lori Foley, Martie Ross, and Valerie Rock discussed the Top 10 highlights of the 2022 Final Rule:
- Conversion factor reduction (and resulting payment cuts)
- Expanded list of telehealth services
- New coverage for tele-behavioral health services
- Evaluation & management visits changes
- Payment for physician assistant services
- Continued implementation of appropriate use criteria
- Changes to the Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program
- New coverage for remote therapeutic monitoring (RTM) services
- Increased reimbursement for care management services
- Quality Payment Program updates
The webinar took place on November 18, 2021.
This webinar was part of PYA’s twice-monthly “Healthcare Regulatory Roundup” series in which experts from across the firm provide practical insights on the latest regulatory developments.
If you would like additional guidance related to the 2022 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule, or for assistance with any matter related to compliance, valuation, or strategy and integration, contact a PYA executive below at (800) 270-9629.