A premier educational opportunity, this year’s Montana Health Association (MHA) Health Summit took place April 3-5, 2019, in Helena, MT.
PYA experts joined participants from cities and facilities across Montana to focus on performance improvement—advancing quality through innovation and collaboration.
PYA Principal Shannon Sumner and Consulting Manager Susan Thomas presented “Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, and the Trustee’s Role.” In this presentation, they:
- Described the evolving compliance and risk management landscape, including government agencies’ expectations for compliance oversight.
- Outlined recent government investigations and settlements.
- Provided key takeaways regarding responsibilities for ensuring an effective compliance program.
- Connected trustee duties to specific elements of enterprise risk management.
- Empowered trustees with questions to ask leadership teams in preparation for playing a more active role in the compliance program.
View the presentation below.
If you would like more information about a trustee’s role in compliance or risk management, or would like assistance with any matter involving compliance, valuation, or strategy and integration, contact one of our PYA executives below at (800) 270-9629.