UPDATE 12-10-20 3pm EST:
The outline of a new proposed bipartisan COVID relief package was released earlier today. It includes the following provisions relating to health care providers:
- $35 billion to the Provider Relief Fund (PRF)
- $7 billion for rural providers and $1 billion for tribes, tribal organizations, urban Indian health organizations, and health service providers to tribes
- Fix to PRF reporting guidelines, include clarification that PRF can be used for staffing, including child care staff
- Allows health systems to move targeted Provider Relief Fund distributions within their system
- Includes a directive to HHS to consider the appropriate distribution of funds, including for health providers who were under-represented in previous allocations, or are at risk of imminent closure
The CARES Act restricts the use of Provider Relief Funds “to reimburse healthcare-related expenses or lost revenues that are attributable to coronavirus.” The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has issued guidance regarding recipients’ appropriate use of these funds.
In this webinar, PYA Principal Martie Ross highlighted permitted and prohibited uses and what lies between—i.e., the many questions for which additional HHS guidance is needed. She also discussed how organizations can manage this uncertainty in preparation for the first round of mandatory reporting in February 2021.
This one-hour complimentary webinar was hosted by PYA in conjunction with the Montana Hospital Association as Part 3 of the Frontier States Town Hall Meeting.
The webinar took place on Thursday, December 10, 2020.
Disclaimer: To the best of our knowledge, this information was correct at the time of publication. Given the fluid situation, and with rapidly changing new guidance issued daily, be aware that this information may no longer apply. Please visit our COVID-19 hub frequently for the latest information, as we are working diligently to put forth the most relevant helpful guidance as it becomes available.
If you have questions about PRF payments and reporting or would like guidance for other COVID-19 matters, visit PYA’s COVID-19 hub, or contact a PYA executive below at (800) 270-9629.