UPDATE REGARDING WAIVERS: Late on March 30, an Interim Final Rule, updated Section 1135 waivers, and Stark Law blanket waivers were published. We are working diligently to update our content regarding these matters.
Disclaimer: To the best of our knowledge, this information was correct at the time of publication. Given the fluid situation, and with rapidly changing new guidance issued daily, be aware that some or all of this information may no longer apply. Please visit our COVID-19 hub frequently for the latest updates, as we are working diligently to put forth the most relevant helpful guidance as it becomes available.
The new Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act—the CARES Act—includes billions of dollars in relief for healthcare providers. In this complimentary webinar, PYA experts explained the complicated legislative language to help you understand the help that’s on the way.
PYA Principals David McMillan and Martie Ross broke down key CARES Act provisions, including:
- Creating a $100 billion Public Health and Social Services Emergency Fund to reimburse providers for expenses and lost revenue attributable to COVID-19.
- Providing forgivable small business loans for providers with fewer than 500 employees (including non-profits).
- Making Medicare advance payments available to hospitals.
- Delivering Medicare sequester relief and delaying Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital reductions.
- Expanding Medicare coverage for telehealth.
This one-hour webinar took place Monday, March 30, 2020, at 1:00 pm EDT.
For additional guidance about the fast-moving developments in the COVID-19 crisis, visit our COVID-19 Information Hub. Or, if you would like assistance with any matter involving public policy, physician advisory, reimbursement, strategy and integration, compliance, or valuation, contact one of our PYA executives below at (800) 270-9629.