On September 30, the Departments of Health and Human Services, Labor, and Treasury and the Office of Personnel Management released their second interim final rule for the No Surprises Act. With its publication, the stage is now set for implementation of the new law.
In a one-hour webinar, “Ready, Set, Go — No Surprises Act Takes Effect January 1,” PYA Principal Martie Ross will explain the new surprise billing rules as they apply to hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, freestanding emergency departments, and physicians who provide services in these facilities. Martie will provide details on:
- Patient notice requirements.
- Billing for emergency services as an out-of-network facility or provider.
- Billing for non-emergency services as an out-of-network provider at an in-network facility.
- Determining patient liability.
- Billing health plans for out-of-network services, including the independent dispute resolution process.
The webinar takes place at 11 a.m. Eastern, October 20, 2021.
Learn more and register.
This webinar is part of PYA’s twice-monthly “Healthcare Regulatory Roundup” series in which experts from across the firm provide practical insights on the latest regulatory developments.
If you would like additional guidance related to the No Surprises Act, or for assistance with any matter related to compliance, valuation, or strategy and integration, contact a PYA executive below at (800) 270-9629.