CMS issued several proposed and final rules for fiscal year 2024. In the first half of this webinar, PYA’s Martie Ross and Kathy Reep discussed key provisions of the hospital inpatient proposed rule, including:
- Updated payment rates
- Modifications to the hospital value-based purchasing programs
- Changes to the severity designation of diagnosis codes describing homelessness
- Updates to the Promoting Interoperability and Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting programs
In the second half of our webinar, Martie and Kathy addressed the impact on providers of two recent final rules relating to the Medicare Advantage program, including:
- Recovery of overpayments from plans
- Marketing practices
- Prior authorizations
- Utilization review
- Access to behavioral health services
- Changes to the Star Rating program
The complimentary webinar took place Wednesday, April 26, 2023.
This webinar was part of PYA’s twice-monthly “Healthcare Regulatory Roundup” series in which experts from across the firm provide practical insights on the latest regulatory developments.
If you would like guidance related to FFY 2024 Proposed or Final Rules or any matter involving compliance, valuation, or strategy and transactions, one of our executive contacts would be happy to assist. You may email them below, or call (800) 270-9629.