The federal healthcare regulatory agencies were busy during the holiday season publishing proposed rules on a wide range of important topics, from prior authorizations to privacy protections for patient records. During this webinar, PYA’s Kathy Reep and Martie Ross highlighted key provisions of the following proposed rules, including specific issues for which your organization may want to submit comments:
- CMS: Advancing Interoperability and Improving Prior Authorization Processes (comment period closes March 13, 2023)
- CMS: Contract Year 2024 Policy and Technical Changes to Medicare Advantage (comment period closes February 13, 2023)
- CMS: Adoption of Standards for Healthcare Attachments Transactions and Electronic Signatures (comment period closes March 23, 2023)
- Federal Trade Commission: Non-Compete Clause Rule (comment period closes March 20, 2023)
- Office of Civil Rights: Safeguarding the Rights of Conscience as Protected by Federal Statutes (comment period closes March 6, 2023)
- Office of Civil Rights: Confidentiality of Substance Use Disorder Patient Records (comment period closes January 21, 2023)
This complimentary webinar took place February 8, 2023.
This webinar is part of PYA’s twice-monthly “Healthcare Regulatory Roundup” series in which experts from across the firm provide practical insights on the latest regulatory developments.
If you would like assistance with evaluating regulatory impacts, or any matter involving compliance, valuation, or strategy and transactions, one of our executive contacts would be happy to assist. You may email them below, or call (800) 270-9629.