On July 15, 2022, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released the calendar year 2023 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) and Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Payment System Proposed Rule. In addition to the outpatient hospital and ASC annual changes, this rule also includes payment policies for Rural Emergency Hospitals established as an option for struggling rural hospitals.
In this webinar, PYA Principal Martie Ross and Senior Manager Kathy Reep shared insights from the proposed rule, including:
- OPPS and ASC payment rate updates.
- Payment for 340B drugs.
- Changes to the Inpatient-Only List.
- Additional services requiring prior authorization.
- Clinic visits provided in rural sole community hospitals.
- Billing for discarded single-dose/single-use packaged drugs.
- Organ acquisition costs.
- Payment policies for Rural Emergency Hospitals.
This one-hour webinar took place on August 17, 2022.
This webinar was part of PYA’s twice-monthly “Healthcare Regulatory Roundup” series in which experts from across the firm provide practical insights on the latest regulatory developments.
If you would like guidance related to the OPPS and ASC proposed rule, or with any matter involving compliance, valuation, or strategy and transactions, one of our executive contacts would be happy to assist. You may email them below, or call (800) 270-9629.