The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has made health equity the first pillar of its latest strategic plan. The agency is committed to “designing, implementing, and operationalizing policies and programs [to] eliminate avoidable differences in health outcomes experienced by people who are disadvantaged or underserved.”
During this webinar, PYA Principal Martie Ross and Senior Manager Kathy Reep explained those policies and programs announced by CMS to date and discussed their immediate and future impact on providers. Specifically, Martie and Kathy addressed:
- CMS’ definition of health equity.
- New health-equity-related quality reporting requirements.
- Screening patients for health-related social needs.
- Stratification of key performance indicators.
- Future impact of Z-codes on reimbursement.
- Incorporating health equity into providers’ strategic plans.
The one-hour webinar took place June 1, 2022. Attendees of the live webinar were eligible for 1 CPE* credit in Specialized Knowledge.
This webinar was part of PYA’s twice-monthly “Healthcare Regulatory Roundup” series in which experts from across the firm provide practical insights on the latest regulatory developments.
If you would like guidance related to health equity policies, or any matter involving compliance, valuation, or strategy and integration, one of our executive contacts would be happy to assist. You may email them below, or call (800) 270-9629.