On September 30, the Departments of Health and Human Services, Labor, and Treasury and the Office of Personnel Management released their second interim final rule for the No Surprises Act. With its publication, the stage is now set for the implementation of the new law.
In a one-hour Montana Hospital Association webinar, “Ready, Set, Go—No Surprises Act Takes Effect January 1,” PYA Principal Martie Ross and Senior Manager Kathy Reep explained the new surprise billing rules as they apply to hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, freestanding emergency departments, and physicians who provide services in these facilities. Martie and Kathy provided details on:
- Patient notice requirements.
- Good faith estimates.
- Billing for emergency services as an out-of-network facility or provider.
- Billing for non-emergency services as an out-of-network provider at an in-network facility.
- Billing health plans for out-of-network services.
- Determining patient liability.
- Patient-provider dispute resolution.
The on-demand webinar may be accessed here. There is a 30-minute Q&A session after the webinar.
If you would like additional guidance related to the No Surprises Act, or for assistance with any matter related to compliance, valuation, or strategy and integration, one of our executive contacts would be happy to assist. You may email them below, or call (800) 270-9629.