PYA Principal Barry Mathis presented “HIPAA Privacy and Security—Today and the Road Ahead” during an on-demand webinar hosted by PYA in conjunction with the Florida Hospital Association.
With cybersecurity breaches in the news almost daily, some states are taking a stronger stance on privacy and security. Given this climate, and an aging HIPAA rule, it is difficult to anticipate and prepare for the future.
In this webinar, Barry will cover information related to HIPAA, cybersecurity, and your organization’s response, including:
- Enforcement trends by the Office of Civil Rights (OCR).
- Breach notification and incident response.
- Ideas for managing cybersecurity threats.
- The current environment for ransomware.
- The history of HIPAA from 1996 to today.
- Recent OCR communications and potential changes to HIPAA.
If you would like more information about cyber security and HIPAA privacy, or assistance with any matter involving IT, business advisory, or compliance, contact one of our PYA executives below at (800) 270-9629.