On December 30, 2023, President Biden signed the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2023 (CAA23), a $1.7 trillion omnibus spending bill to fund the federal government. Weighing in at 1,653 pages, the new law includes several critical healthcare-related provisions:
- Delays the 4% Statutory Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGO) sequester for two years
- Extends telehealth flexibilities through 2024
- Reduces the 2023 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule cut from 4.5% to 2%
- Continues physician bonus payment for participation in alternative payment models
- Continues the Low Volume Hospital and Medicare Dependent Hospital programs
- Establishes deadlines for State Medicaid redeterminations
- Improves access to behavioral health services
During this one-hour webinar, Martie Ross and Kathy Reep explained both the short and long-term impact of CAA23 on healthcare providers.
The webinar took place on January 25, 2023.
This webinar is part of PYA’s twice-monthly “Healthcare Regulatory Roundup,” in which experts from across the firm provide practical insights on the latest regulatory developments.
If you would like assistance with any matter involving compliance, valuation, or strategy and transactions, one of our executive contacts would be happy to assist. You may email them below, or call (800) 270-9629.