PYA Principal Mike Nichols spoke at the annual Institute on Medicare & Medicaid Payment Issues presented by the American Health Law Association. The virtual event provided information on the issues related to implementing laws and regulations that affect Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement. Mike joined Fred A. Fisher, a senior director at Toyon Associates, Inc., and Mark Polston, a partner at King & Spalding LLC, for “Uncompensated Care Reporting — Audits and Financial Assistance Policies.” They covered the importance of recording uncompensated care on worksheet S-10 of the Medicare cost report, and highlighted emerging issues such as:
- Variations and consistencies from national S-10 audits.
- The impact of COVID-19 on uncompensated care.
- Takeaways from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ new proposed S-10 form instructions.
- Uncompensated care’s relationship to Financial Assistance Policies.
- Frankenstein accounts: Can an old account be brought back and reported as charity care?
- “Out of network” as charity care: Is this a measurement of low income?
Mike presented Thursday, March 25, 2021, at 1:30 p.m. Eastern.
PYA was pleased to offer platinum-level sponsorship of this program.
If you would like guidance related to Medicare and Medicaid regulations, or for assistance with any matter related to reimbursement, strategy and integration, compliance, or valuation, contact one of our PYA executives below at (800) 270-9629.