PYA Healthcare Consulting Senior Holly Bizic recently presented during the 2020 virtual Allied Hospital Associations Accounting & Financial Specialist (A2HA) fall meeting. In her presentation, “Strategies for Meeting New 2021 IPPS Medicare Bad Debt Requirements,” she provided insight on:
- Bad debt basics.
- Regulations and guidelines.
- Retroactive vs. prospective codifications in the 2021 IPPS Final Rule.
- Implications of Final Rule clarifications and codifications.
- Final Rule action steps and strategies.
- Best practices and recommendations.
- The use of benchmarking for performance measurement.
Providers currently working to implement the significant changes related to Medicare bad debt codified in the 2021 IPPS Final Rule may find this presentation helpful.
View the recording here.
If you have questions related to the 2021 IPPS Medicare bad debt requirements, contact a PYA executive below at (800) 270-9629.