When it comes to preventing and reporting elder abuse, the community must engage. That message is at the heart of a presentation PYA Principal Kathy Greenlee, former Assistant Secretary for Aging at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under President Obama, will deliver as keynote speaker at the Life Care Planning Law Firm Association 2020 Annual Conference.
A visionary thought leader, policy expert, and advocate with more than two decades’ executive experience in health and human services at the international, national, and state level, Kathy will address aging health policies, including prevention of and response to reporting elder abuse.
In her presentation, “Reconsidering Our Approach to Reporting Abuse,” Kathy will discuss:
- The history of Child Protective Services (CPS) and Adult Protective Services (APS) funding.
- Shortfalls in the design of the APS system, which was largely built on a CPS template.
- Differences in the two systems, including an adult’s right to self-determination.
- Prevalence of elder abuse.
- The absence of community and professional standards of care.
- Prevention and measures for reporting abuse within the community.
The event takes place March 5-6, 2020, in San Diego, California. Learn more and register.
If you would like more information about elder abuse and public policy, or would like assistance with any matter involving strategy and integration, compliance, or valuation, contact one of our PYA executives below at (800) 270-9629.