PYA Principal Tynan Kugler’s session, “Fundamental” Stark Law Terminology and Concepts – Including the “Big Three,” was part of a four-day webinar series from the Massachusetts Health and Hospital Association. The series provided an overview of the many changes to the federal anti-kickback statute and federal physician self-referral law (the Stark law). Tynan was joined in her presentation by Amy Joseph from Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, P.C., and Larry Vernaglia from Foley & Lardner LLP.
Key topics from the presentation included:
- New special rules with respect to the “volume or value standard”
- New commercial reasonableness definition
- Revised fair market value definition
- A new approach to indirect compensation arrangements
- Valuator insights regarding the impact on fair market value and commercial reasonableness assessments
Tynan presented on Wednesday, February 17, 2021.
If you would like assistance with any matter involving compliance, contact one of the PYA executives listed below at (800) 270-9629.