Back by popular demand! PYA Senior Consultant Holly Bizic presented “Medicare Bad Debt Checklist and Recent Clarifications” during a webinar hosted by PYA in conjunction with the Montana Hospital Association.
Providers in several states are facing challenges related to seemingly new requirements imposed during Medicare bad debt audits and desk reviews—and providers in other states will soon be similarly impacted. Medicare reimbursable bad debt is an established, and often significant, source of additional reimbursement for many hospitals.
In this webinar, Holly reviewed:
- Key facts and expectations.
- The progression of Medicare bad debt policy.
- Best practices for defending bad debt listings.
- Recent changes—audit and desk review clarifications.
- The Medicare bad debt checklist.
Download the slides here.
If you would like more information about Medicare bad debt, or assistance with any matter involving compliance, valuation, or strategy and integration, contact one of our PYA executives below at (800) 270-9629.