Two PYA thought leaders are slated to present at the annual Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants Healthcare Conference on February 22, 2019, in Atlanta, GA.
This year’s conference will explore the legal, regulatory, audit, and operational facets of financial healthcare. PYA Senior Manager Valerie Rock will present “The Opioid Crisis: The Important Role of CPAs,” which will provide:
- An overview of the crisis.
- An outline of risk areas that require internal controls.
- Examples of monitoring for opioid crisis fraud and abuse cases.
Also, Jonathan Skaggs, PYA Senior Manager, along with attorney Chris Kenny, a partner with King & Spalding, will offer an in-depth look at the CMS 2552-10 Medicare cost report worksheet S-10. In their presentation, “The Medicare S-10 and Uncompensated Care Audits,” they will:
- Explain how to draft and follow charity care and financial assistance policies (FAPs).
- Identify areas for improvement in charity care and FAPs.
- Describe how to navigate contractor audits.
- Discuss the necessary documentation to support a charity claim during an audit.
- Describe CMS Disproportionate Share Hospital payments.
The conference also offers a livestream option for remote attendance.
If you would like more information about legal and regulatory issues facing healthcare systems, or would like assistance with any matter involving compliance, valuation, or strategy and integration, contact one of our PYA executives below at (800) 270-9629.