PYA Senior Manager Traci Waugh will present at the 2021 Montana Healthcare Conference coordinated annually by the Montana Hospital Association. Traci’s presentation will stress the importance of having a compliance officer and a compliance program, and the responsibility a board has in supporting them. She also will discuss laws that impact a board member’s decision-making when it comes to compliance.
Key topics include:
- Duties and responsibilities of the board of directors in compliance oversight.
- An overview of fraud and abuse laws, including the Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, and False Claims Act.
- Case law.
- Compliance program fundamentals.
PYA Principal Martie Ross will also present. Her session, “Complying With the No Surprises Act,” will provide a practical explanation of statutory and regulatory requirements and highlight immediate action required for compliance. She will cover:
- The legislative history of the No Surprises Act.
- The duties imposed on providers and payers by the new law.
- The specific actions necessary to comply with regulatory requirements.
The conference will be held in person in Billings, Montana, from September 21-24, 2021.
Learn more and register.
If you would like guidance related to compliance oversight for boards of directors, or for assistance with any matter related to compliance, strategy and integration, or valuation, contact a PYA executive below at (800) 270-9629.