PYA Senior Consulting Manager Traci Waugh recently presented on privacy and security in healthcare as part of the American Health Information Management Association’s (AHIMA) CSA Excellence Series. Geared toward component state associations (CSAs), the informational series provides education and training for members.
Traci, president of the Montana Health Information Management Association, joined Elizabeth Sheridan, president of the Maine Health Information Management Association, for a recorded session, “Protecting Privacy & Security in a Connected World.” They covered topics including:
- Clarifying patient rights under the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
- Discussing Office for Civil Rights (OCR) enforcement efforts in 2020.
- Reviewing OCR’s Summary Report on the 216-217 HIPAA Audits.
- Reviewing risk analysis under the HIPAA Security Rule.
- Describing a strategy for mobile device management.
- Discussing cyber activity in 2020.
AHIMA members have access to the CSA Excellence Series here.
If you would like more information about privacy and security or would like assistance with any matter involving compliance, strategy and integration, or valuation, contact one of our PYA executives below at (800) 270-9629.