PYA thought leaders will join other distinguished speakers and industry executives from all areas of the post-acute and long-term care services spectrum at the 2019 American Health Lawyers Association’s (AHLA) Long-Term Care and the Law program February 27-March 1, in Phoenix, AZ. This year’s agenda aims to offer insight into regulatory changes, operations management, transactions, and compliance.
PYA Consulting Manager Aaron Elias will co-present “Modern Relationships Between Physicians, Hospitals, and Long-Term Care Providers in a Time of Risk-Based Contracting,” along with Jeanna Palmer Gunville, a shareholder at Polsinelli. Their presentation will cover:
- Factors driving a higher degree of partnership among providers.
- Key considerations when supporting initiatives between acute and post-acute care providers for success in risk-based contracts.
- Examples of relationships between acute and post-acute care providers, including in existing alternative payment models (APM), such as BPCI Advanced or Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs).
- Legal/valuation aspects of those relationships and matters to consider.
- Recent regulatory changes impacting compensation and data sharing among strategic partners.
- Economic and clinical value arguments that appeal to consumers, payers, employers, and others that could engage providers in value-based payment models.
- APM strategy considerations, including timing and deadlines for governmental APMs and development of plans for clinical integration across providers.
- Best practices and practical steps to prepare to manage risk.
PYA will serve as the joint program sponsor and sole mobile app sponsor of the conference and looks forward to dialoguing with attendees at other PYA-sponsored events—Networking Receptions, the Diversity+ Inclusion Reception, and daily continental breakfasts and coffee breaks.
If you would like more information about long-term care or risk-based contracting, or would like assistance with any matter involving compliance, valuation, or strategy and integration, contact one of our PYA executives below at (800) 270-9629.