Led by an infectious disease physician, our multidisciplinary ASP team incorporates site visits, program management, education, evidence-based clinical transformation processes, data analysis, and ongoing monitoring to promote precision prescribing. We educate physicians, pharmacists, and others to thrive in a population health environment. Our program prepares hospitals, critical access hospitals, and long-term care facilities for new Joint Commission and CMS antibiotic stewardship standards.
An effective ASP promotes precision prescribing:
- Total antibiotic inventory and spending reduced by 10-40%
- Reduces Clostridium difficile incidence and expense
- Improves HAC scores and mitigates reimbursement penalties
- Leads to decreased litigation risk
- Improves patient safety and quality of care
- Preserves, and over time, improves the effectiveness of first-line antibiotics
- Improves Hospital Compare rankings
- Provides a foundation for public awareness campaigns
- Contributes to achievement of Triple Aim objectives
ASP EXPERTISE – PYA’s team has more than 20 years’ experience integrating and overseeing ASPs
MULTIDISCIPLINARY ASP TEAM – Infectious disease physician leader, nurses, project managers, data analysts, financial analysts, and administrators
ELASTIC IN DESIGN – ASPs designed around organization needs, personnel, and particular conditions
CAPACITY – With clients in all 50 states, PYA consistently ranks in Modern Healthcare’s top 20 largest healthcare consulting firms in U.S.
Our professionals are experienced in value-based reimbursement, population health, CMS regulations, ICD-10 coding, integration, patient safety and patient safety organizations, electronic medical records, accountable care organizations, clinically integrated networks, CAHs, skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, transitions of care, evidence-based medicine, compliance, and more.