Supporting Medical Necessity in the Inpatient Setting
PYA Consulting Manager Lori Baker facilitated a workshop, “Supporting Medical Necessity in the Inpatient Setting,” at the Florida Council for Community Mental Health 2017 Behavioral Health Conference.
The workshop explored:
- Common problems with behavioral health regulatory compliance, including documentation, billing and coding, treatment plans, and medical necessity.
- Questions providers should ask to determine appropriate patient settings, as well as third-party payer reimbursement.
- The importance of physicians incorporating ancillary staff notes and findings within their records.
- Key words that third-party payers look for to support patient stability and need for discharge.
- Recommendations for ongoing utilization review plans and payer communication.
- Ways to define and document what is potentially harmful to an individual or others.
View the presentation below.
Lori additionally presented “How to Avoid Being a Target in the Mental Health Outpatient World.” View the presentation below.
If you would like more information about medical necessity within inpatient settings, or would like to request a speaker on this topic for your organization or event, contact a PYA executive below at (800) 270-9629.