H. G. Wells once said, “Adapt or perish, now as ever, is Nature’s inexorable imperative.” He may not have been referring to the “new normal” of healthcare back when he said it, but it certainly is applicable now.
PYA has produced a new white paper, “Healthcare 2014: Embracing the New Normal,” which summarizes the varied reactions of healthcare leaders and offers guidance for embracing “creative, adaptable strategies.” It identifies five fundamentals driving the transformation of our healthcare payment and delivery system:
1. The industry is learning to purchase value, not volume.
2. Providers and payers are struggling to find common solutions to universal challenges because healthcare continues to be a local and regional commodity.
3. Stakeholders are searching for their purpose and relevancy in a patient-centered healthcare continuum.
4. Consumerism is emerging as a driving force in healthcare.
5. Change is accelerating due to knowledge derived from disparate and dynamic data.
For more information about navigating the “new normal,” contact the authors listed below.