Healthcare Audit & Accounting Services
At PYA, our healthcare auditors are precisely that – healthcare auditors. With PYA you can be assured that your audit team has significant, relevant experience with healthcare providers like you. Your PYA audit team will consist of individuals who spend virtually all of their professional time serving the healthcare industry – not manufacturing, retail or other industries. With PYA, your staff doesn’t have to train the auditors!
PYA provides audit and accounting services to healthcare entities ranging in size from small physician practices and ancillary providers to multi-state integrated healthcare organizations with assets in excess of $1.5 billion. This experience across the spectrum of healthcare allows our healthcare auditors to quickly identify the financial reporting areas of greatest risk to your organization and to more efficiently and effectively perform audit or accounting services. Further, our healthcare audit teams are structured to allow our senior executives more time with our clients in order to provide the “hands on” experience and oversight.
The following is a partial listing of the types of audit and accounting services PYA offers our clients:
- Audits, reviews, and compilations of financial statements
- Employee Benefit Plan audits (defined benefit plans, defined contribution plans and 403(b) plans)
- Audits in accordance with Government Auditing Standards and OMB Circular A-133
- Internal control reviews and risk assessments
- Impairment testing of intangible assets
- Agreed-upon procedure reports and special reporting
- Transaction accounting assistance, including allocation of purchase price
- New accounting standard implementation
- Forensic accounting and dispute resolution
- Outsourcing of internal audit functions
- Accounting policy and procedure manual development
As a firm focused on serving the healthcare industry (over 85% of our revenues are healthcare related), PYA has available the resources to supplement the extensive knowledge of our auditors through the use of our dedicated reimbursement, clinical and healthcare tax departments. Our relationships with lending institutions, bond underwriters and rating agencies are such that PYA is a nationally recognized healthcare auditor in connection with debt issues.
What our clients say about us:
"Mountain States Health Alliance has utilized PYA as auditors since the early 1990s, PYA's experience with healthcare providers is such that the demands on our personnel are reduced and the audit is both effective and efficient. Our long-term relationship with PYA is evidence of their focus on timely, committed client service."
– Marvin Eichorn, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Mountain States Health Alliance
"Northeast Georgia Health System transitioned from a national size firm to PYA. This decision has resulted in seasoned and knowledgeable auditors staffing our engagements, added value from ongoing inquiries and incredible responsiveness. The value from this decision has been a great benefit to Northeast Georgia Health System. If you are looking for improvement, PYA is a strong firm and should be considered."
– Tony Herdener, Chief Financial Officer, Northeast Georgia Health System
"Cookeville Regional Medical Center has a long relationship with PYA as our external audit firm. As a governmental entity, we transitioned away from PYA through the normal bidding process several years ago. We transitioned back to PYA, realizing the benefits of working with PYA through their responsiveness and their focus on client service."
– Paul D. Korth, Chief Financial Officer, Cookeville Regional Medical Center
Relevant PYA Professionals
- 14 hours ago 6 Value-Based Credit Rating Metrics #Hospital CFOs Need to Know: http://t.co/I1S7ribtoQ #quality
- 20 hours ago 6 Considerations to Guide Service Line #Strategy: http://t.co/5qGdt3urUo #hospitals
- 22 hours ago 28 Statistics on #Hospitals' Patient Experience Strategies: http://t.co/lzJV1WnzEb