Affiliation Strategies for At-Risk Community Hospitals
PYA recently attended the American Health Lawyers Association’s (AHLA) Health Care Transactions Program, May 17-18, 2016, in Nashville, TN.
PYA Senior Healthcare Consulting Manager Michael Ramey presented “Affiliation Strategies for At-Risk Community Hospitals” with Jay Hardcastle, partner at Bradley Arant Boult Cummings. The presentation:
- Identified factors affecting the continued financial viability of community hospitals.
- Introduced the importance of board/management being proactive in evaluating potential affiliation alternatives before reaching a dire state.
- Discussed the request-for-proposal process.
- Explored legal structures to retain the best value for the community via appropriate models (i.e., management agreement, lease, acquisition, joint operating agreement, joint venture, affiliation).
- Provided lessons learned from recent hospital transactions.
View the presentation below.
For more information about healthcare transactions and affiliations, or to request a speaker for your organization or event, contact one of our executives listed below, (800) 270-9629.